Be Someone For Someone is an initiative of Feros Care, a leading not-for-profit provider of people care. We support more than 55,000 people each year along with their supporters and families. As experts in caring for people, we’ve seen the growing crisis of loneliness up close.
We’ve seen how other countries are tackling loneliness in a major way. And we want to do the same, right here.
To address the growing issue of loneliness in Australia and help people of all ages live happier, healthier lives.
- To lead the way in raising awareness of the impacts of loneliness in our community, and the triggers that can cause us to feel lonely
- To help people re-engage their innate skills of sharing, connecting and taking care of each other
- Implement and scale impactful tools and programs that create ways for us to connect with each other in a meaningful way
- To lobby for policy, social and service reform to tackle loneliness systemically
- Social Relationships and Mortality Risk: A Meta-analytic Review (2017) Julianne Holt-Lunstad, Timothy B. Smith, J. Bradley Layton